400g – 500g turkey mince (extra lean)
I don't have a burger press but I do have a handy tip :)
You will need some greaseproof or baking paper, scissors and an old, clean lid.
- Cut the paper into squares, I cut about 10 pieces.
- Place one square onto a chopping board.
- Take a scoop of the mixture and place it in the middle of the paper.
- Place another piece of baking paper over the top of the mixture.
- Place the lid over the top of the mixture and paper. Press firmly.
- Give the lid a twist back and forth before removing.
- Lift the top sheet of baking paper off and place it to one side so that you can use it on the next burger.
- Place the burger just made, bottom paper and all, on to a plate.
- Take a new piece of paper, place it on the board and start again.
- Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
I usually stack them on a plate and then cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. This is to help them firm up but I have put them straight under the grill without chilling and they have been fine. My 2 top tips would be to spray them with BBQ Frylight, it gives them a lovely flavour and to not turn them over until the top is nicely browned
I have taken these pictures and recipe from this blog It is fabulous and the woman is an inspiration to me